Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How can I manage my money and lower my debt?

I have now almost $7800 in debt and most amount was due to unavoidable and very important circumstances. At a more positive side I have saved $1220 as emergency fund and more money is still coming (such as $250 from deposit return and 2019 tax return) . I am in a new work and the money amount is still not decided. My house rent is approximately $500 and my grocery and other utility bill can cost highest $150-$200 per month. I have been paying all of my credit card's(3) regular payment ( for next month also). What should be a good strategy for me now to manage my money and lower my debt? Any helpful advise would be highly helpful. I hope to get out of the debt completely in 5-6 months and increase my savings. I am trying to use Debt Snowball method to eliminate the debt. That's my goal. Thanks in advance.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

How can I manage my money and lower my debt?

It appears as if you have a good (far better than most) handle on managing your money and lowering your debt.

There are resources all over the internet, obviously, but you can start with the discussions in the section of this Community at the link below.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/lower-your-debt/discussion/02/214

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies