Solved: Turbo Tax asking if I have done an excess contribu...
aminhari

Turbo Tax asking if I have done an excess contribution to Roth, but have already removed excess

Hi Team,

Would appreciate any help on this question: I see a question about whether I have contributed an excess amount to a Roth IRA in 2020 or earlier. If I have done so, but already conducted a removal of excess and paid the additional fees, etc. then how should we address this in Turbo tax? 

I imagine the answer is "No" because it was effectively removed from the record by conducting a removal of excess. Thanks for you help! @macuser_22 , @dmertz  do either of you know?

macuser_22

If it has been removed then you do not have any outstanding excess so say no there is no excess.

macuser_22

aminhari

You're a legend @macuser_22 , thank you!