Employee Stock Plan

When my E Trade account information was loaded to my return, all transaction activity (sale, capital gain, cost basis, etc) came across fine.  However, Federal Tax was taken out at the time of the transaction activity which is NOT found anywhere on the E Trade account tax documents.  I was able to obtain Employee Stock Plan Release Confirmation from my employer which DOES reflect Federal, Social Security, Medicare, taxes which were withheld/deducted 

HOW DO I REFLECT THE FEDERAL TAX WITHHELD, AS THIS MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE IN WHAT IS REFLECTED ON MY TOTAL RETURN TO PAY?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

Employee Stock Plan

Use the following steps to go to the section of your return to enter the Federal withholding amount:

• On the top row of the TurboTax online screen, click on Search (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax locate the search box in the upper right corner)
  • This opens a box where you can type in “other withholding” (be sure to enter exactly as shown here) and click the magnifying glass (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax, click Find)
  • The search results will give you an option to “Jump to other withholding
  • Click on the blue “Jump to other withholding” link 

Scroll down the page to the Other Income Taxes Paid in 2019 and click Start or Update beside Withholding not already entered on a W-2 or 1099.

​​​​​​​@djblackstone