If you can't download your TurboTax for Windows program, follow all of these following steps, and try downloading again.
If you successfully downloaded your product but are now having trouble finding or installing it, see the related info at the bottom of the page.
TurboTax Advantage: If you're usingTurboTax Advantage and don't have the blue download now link in your account, you can get to your download by selecting the product description in the Items Ordered column instead.
If your wireless connection is interrupted or isn't working, you won't be able to successfully download, update, or e-file with TurboTax. Accordingly, we recommend using a wired, broadband connection with your TurboTax CD/Download software.
- If you're having problems downloading TurboTax on a wireless connection, open a new Internet browser session and visit sites that you haven't visited for a while.
- If you can't access other sites, try restarting your wireless router.
- If you're still having problems, turn off your computer, your router, and your modem, in that order. Wait a minute or two and turn on your modem. Wait another minute and turn on your router, followed by your computer.
- Try connecting to the Internet through your web browser. If you can't, check your Internet connection.
- Make sure Internet Explorer 6.0 SP2 or later is installed if you're trying to download through TurboTax even if you use a different browser for accessing the Internet.
- Temporarily turn off your firewall, virus-detection software, and any other program that connects to the Internet, such as email or web browsers. (Remember to turn your security software back on after downloading is complete.)
- Allow cookies and pop-up windows.
- If you're using a dial-up connection, disable or turn off any download accelerators before downloading.
- Check your router if you use one.
- Did you uninstall McAfee software? Leftover McAfee files can interfere with TurboTax downloads. Remove it by following the directions at the McAfee website.