Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

[Event] Ask the Experts: Extension Filers
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
Join us on Wednesday, Sept 25th any time between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm Pacific Time for our latest installment of our Ask the Experts event series. This time we'll be answering questions about the upcoming tax deadline for our Extension Filers. Come sp... read more
Community Manager ‎Posted May 28, 2024
I am SSA income and self employed can I use my credit card debt as a tax reduction or loss of funds to pay less taxes? How do I file this on a amend tax return
Expression ‎Posted Wednesday | Latest post yesterday by VolvoGirl
A CPA filed our last years returns. How do I include carryovers from previous years for this year, as we'll be receiving refunds?
SarahMac7 ‎Posted Wednesday | Latest post yesterday by kwallace4
I am self-employed, and received a 1099-K. After entering the information for my 1099-K, Turbotax 2023 won't let me get past 1099-MISC. When I tell it I didn't receive one, it loops me to 1099-K Summary, and then back to 1099-MISC. I was told on the ... read more
sciencemagic ‎Posted Wednesday | Latest post yesterday by pgershon1
Thank you for this expert event for 2024! I was always stuck at some pages while using the TurboTax web version. Usually how could I get advice/help from the expert team? How could I use my purchased TurboTax software to file the tax for last year?I ... read more
MythSaraLee ‎Posted Wednesday | Latest post Thursday by MythSaraLee
I have seen a couple conflicting answers to this. AssumeI am 60.I convert part of a regular 401k to a Roth IRA.I have other Roth IRAs from many years ago. Can I access the rolled over amount almost immediately? How about any earnings?Or do I have to ... read more
Tracer-x ‎Posted Wednesday | Latest post Thursday by Tracer-x
I operated an Airbnb out of my home that I occupy during 2023. Can I deduct expences (or a % of) such as homeowner's insurance, property tax, etc.?
Amy Davidson ‎Posted Wednesday | Latest post Thursday by MythSaraLee
I sold a rental in 2023. I entered major improvements made for the sale (and after the last tenants moved out) like a new HVAC system and new flooring in the “Your Property Assets” section, which comes up after you select “Sold rental property”? (Wit... read more
RaineB ‎Posted Wednesday | Latest post Thursday by KarriC
I have a K-1 (1120S) that has the following filled in:Box 1 (ordinary business loss)Box 4 (interest income)Box 5a (ordinary dividends)Box 5b (qualified dividends)Box 6 (royalties)Box 8a (net long-term capital loss)Box 12 (other deductions) - Code ZZ ... read more
ashughes ‎Posted Wednesday | Latest post Thursday by dsoile
Hi, my husband and I separated last year and he used to do taxes due to his business. When I tried to do my taxes filing married but separate for 2023 I found out that the taxes he did for 2022 weren’t filed correctly. I sent in my taxes for 2022 but... read more
Huertae12 ‎Posted Wednesday | Latest post Thursday by KarriC
I sold ESPP shares last year that were purchased back in the 90's. I don't have the form 3922 that was snail mailed to me back then. The current transfer agent who manages the stock doesn't have the form either. I'm stuck on my Turbo Tax page. I can'... read more
redtees ‎Posted Wednesday | Latest post Thursday by KarriC
I removed excess Roth contributions prior to filing my extension this year. I will not get the 1099R from Vanguard until 2025. Can I just wait and file an amended return next year or is there a way to declare this on my 2023 taxes? Someone mentioned ... read more
shelleyfl59 ‎Posted Wednesday | Latest post Thursday by dev145
I'm transitioning to doing my own taxes in turbo tax, so I don't have anything to roll forward from previous years. My accountant used to prepare a long list of passive loss carryforwards.. I checked the "I have passive activity losses carried over f... read more
mlemaire87 ‎Posted Wednesday | Latest post Thursday by dev145
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Top Contributors
Manage cookies