Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jimmmk
Returning Member

how do I file two self employed jobs?

I did one self employed job last year, but not sure how to do two, do you have to fill out two scheduled C's? or one C and one C-EZ because one has no deductions? or one C and the one thats misc. income just fill out the schedule SE?

One is lyft, no 1099, the other is misc. income, no 1099..  The lyft has deductions because of the fees they charge,  the misc. income has no deductions. New has two self employed filings. Did only lift last year on a schedule C-EZ. I know I  need a schedule SE for SS/Medicaid taxes, do I use one SE for both or two separate? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
IsabellaG
Expert Alumni

how do I file two self employed jobs?

Yes, you'd prepare two Schedule Cs, one for each business, but only one Schedule SE. If you had two or more businesses subject to self-employment tax, your net earnings from self-employment are the combined net earnings from all of your businesses. If you had a loss in one business, it reduces the income from another. If you are married, filing a joint return, and each spouse has self-employment income, then there would be 2 Schedule C's and 2 Schedule SEs.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies