- Ensure that you're running the program from the Applications folder, not from a mounted virtual drive or CD.
- Wireless connections can be problematic. We recommend updating over a wired, broadband connection.
- If you don't have access to broadband, try restarting your wireless router.
- Empty the Trash.
- Force the update to download and install.
- If you're still having problems, turn off your computer, then your router, and lastly your modem, in that order.
- Wait a minute or two, then your modem back on.
- Wait another minute, then turn your router back on.
- Once your router is back up, turn your computer back on and try updating again.
If you still have problems after going through all these troubleshooting tips, contact us for help.