Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Jun 4, 2019 2:00:58 PM

Tax Year Prior to 2020: I need to reset my password how?

0 7 1643
7 Replies
Intuit Alumni
Jun 4, 2019 2:01:00 PM

Try these steps to recover your User ID or password:

1. Go to our account recovery page.
  2. Enter one of the following:
    • Phone number (recommended)
    • Email address
    • User ID
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Once you’re done, we’ll either send you a code to help you recover your account, or show/send you a list of accounts associated with your info.

• If you’re still unable to recover your account, select Try something else on the Account Recovery page. We’ll ask additional questions to verify your identity.

Keep in mind: Once you’re back in your account, make sure to include or update your phone number. Doing so helps increase account security and ease account recovery.

Related Information:

Jun 4, 2019 2:01:01 PM

You’ve verified my using my account info. Several times. But you still don’t give me  access to reset my password.

Intuit Alumni
Jun 4, 2019 2:01:03 PM

If you are still unable to reset, Please contact us at (800)446-8848 5am to 9pm Pacific.
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300041">https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300041</a>

Returning Member
Apr 2, 2020 3:35:02 PM

I am trying to reset my password and all URL's seem to send me to the "Let's Get Started" page for filing on-line.  What am I missing?

Expert Alumni
Apr 2, 2020 3:44:42 PM

Try these steps to recover your User ID or password:

1. Go to our account recovery page.
  1. Enter one of the following:
    • Phone number (recommended)
    • Email address
    • User ID
  2. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Once you’re done, we’ll either send you a code to help you recover your account, or show/send you a list of accounts associated with your info.

• If you’re still unable to recover your account, select Try something else on the Account Recovery page. We’ll ask additional questions to verify your identity.

Keep in mind: Once you’re back in your account, make sure to include or update your phone number. Doing so helps increase account security and ease account recovery.

Feb 16, 2021 8:31:41 PM

I have entered the information correctly. When i hit enter it prompts me saying to many attempts, even when it is the first try.

Intuit Alumni
Feb 17, 2021 12:52:42 PM

Please contact customer support here for further assistance.