Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Deductions & credits
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
Everyone knows there are tax benefits to having children and dependents and some are pretty amazing! If you’ve ever had questions about the popular Child Tax Credit (CTC) or Earned Income Credit (EIC), this is the place to be! TurboTax does the think... read more
Employee Tax Expert KarenL ‎Posted March 1, 2024
It seems the most popular question at tax time is “Can I deduct this…?”. Of course you don’t want to pay more taxes than you need to; and you want to get all the tax deductions and credits you’re entitled to take. The resources below have helped many... read more
Employee Tax Expert KarenL ‎Posted January 18, 2024
We're taking out a $400,000 mortgage loan this year, so I understand that we can deduct interest on up to $750,000 if filing jointly but only $375,000 if filing separately. But can deduct interest up to $375,000 for each of us. For example, if filing... read more
Loudspeaker1999 ‎Posted 4 hours ago | Latest post 44m ago by Mike9241
We're taking out a $400,000 mortgage loan this year, so I understand that we can deduct interest on up to $750,000 if filing jointly but only $375,000 if filing separately. But can we deduct interest up to $375,000 for each of us? For example, if fil... read more
Loudspeaker1999 ‎Posted 3 hours ago
Hi, I don't know if there is a glitch in the system or what but my foreign accounts question has a check mark in the yes block, however I don't have any foreign accounts and I don't recall checking the yes block. Will this delay my refund? Do I need ... read more
MGloeckler ‎Posted 4 hours ago
Tesla model Y bought Dec 26, 2021, Taxes and fees paid in Jan 2022 and placed in service Jan 2022. Does this qualify for the new EV rebate and claimed in the 2022 tax return?
meenasrini ‎Posted February 5, 2023 | Latest post 5 hours ago by spcorbett07
In April 2024, I was able to bring my dad to live in the US using the IR-5 visa. His job is outside of the US and he is still working there remotely. He's planning to continue working remotely until the end of the year. Assuming he doesn't get a job ... read more
vipergts_david ‎Posted 11 hours ago | Latest post 6 hours ago by Opus 17
This is my first time having any issues with taxes. We adopted our daughter last year, so I did the adoption credit, but TurboTax showed my refund as $8725 and IRS adjusted to $3925. $4800 less, which appears to be the child tax credit for my 3 kids.... read more
sonofthebearded ‎Posted March 13, 2024 | Latest post 11 hours ago by sonofthebearded
vward80 ‎Posted 14 hours ago | Latest post 14 hours ago by DoninGA
TT shows that my home office deduction (~$200) exceeds my business income (~$100). Is this possible? I thought that allowable home office deduction for the current year is always adjusted to be less that business income for the current year. Am I doi... read more
jason1578 ‎Posted January 30, 2023 | Latest post 14 hours ago by Terry65
Error message indicates that the Allocable Expense statement explanation is required to show that foreign taxes paid are definitely related to foreign income. This is related to a Schedule K-1 fiduciary beneficiary form.
osgood53 ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post 15 hours ago by LenaH
For the past few years TT Deluxe has said that I should use the standard deduction. How can I determine this on my own so that I do not waste money using TT Deluxe instead of TT Basic or even a free filing option? I have medical expenses (doctor/dent... read more
snoblack ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post 15 hours ago by Opus 17
can i get help with community property
rogernsd ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post 15 hours ago by LenaH
dmwessner ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by rjs
The box for select a state and the zip code box wont let me input what I need
randyb62 ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by rjs
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Top Contributors
Manage cookies