Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Deductions & credits
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
Everyone knows there are tax benefits to having children and dependents and some are pretty amazing! If you’ve ever had questions about the popular Child Tax Credit (CTC) or Earned Income Credit (EIC), this is the place to be! TurboTax does the think... read more
Employee Tax Expert KarenL ‎Posted March 1, 2024
It seems the most popular question at tax time is “Can I deduct this…?”. Of course you don’t want to pay more taxes than you need to; and you want to get all the tax deductions and credits you’re entitled to take. The resources below have helped many... read more
Employee Tax Expert KarenL ‎Posted January 18, 2024
Do I ask for a refund of the excess HSA contribution (and interest) and file an amended return for 2023? Or, do I take some kind of distribution in 2024 and correct this on my 2024 return? Thanks for any help!
glesieutre ‎Posted 5 hours ago | Latest post 53m ago by glesieutre
K1 income is correctly accounted for in calculating income taxes and SS taxes BUT not flowing through into self-employed income for social security admin calculations? This is a 2022 return problem. 2000 through 2021 are correct -- i must have ticked... read more
OldCarGuy ‎Posted Monday | Latest post an hour ago by JotikaT2
food13power22 ‎Posted 3 hours ago | Latest post 3 hours ago by xmasbaby0
State of Michigan is disallowing a deduction for the full amount of my Social Security retirement income that was wrongly entered by TurboTax as a military benefit. It used to be possible in TurboTax to look at the actual form and click on a box to f... read more
BenedictaIris ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post 5 hours ago by xmasbaby0
md455 ‎Posted 8 hours ago | Latest post 5 hours ago by xmasbaby0
My wife is Canadian and is a non-resident alien. I am a US citizen, and primary residence in US. For years, I have filed "married filing jointly", treating my Canadian wife as a resident alien for tax purposes. She is likely going to inherit her pare... read more
jyee315 ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by rjs

Intuit Approved! This answer has been verified for accuracy by an Intuit expert employee Excess Contribution to both 401K and 401Roth

Here is my problem. My wife had two different employers in 2023. Both contributed $22,500 to a combination of traditional 401K and Roth 401K. We confirmed this only after we filed our taxes (turbotax did give the notice) and after April 15th, 2024. W... read more
TheGuttes ‎Posted Monday | Latest post yesterday by dmertz
Warning to anyone who intends to itemize deductions for Oregon for 2023. My Oregon return was only showing the standard deduction even though I entered all of the information for real property taxes, mortgage interest, and charitable contributions in... read more
Farris_S ‎Posted March 17, 2024 | Latest post yesterday by HollyP
Tesla model Y bought Dec 26, 2021, Taxes and fees paid in Jan 2022 and placed in service Jan 2022. Does this qualify for the new EV rebate and claimed in the 2022 tax return?
meenasrini ‎Posted February 5, 2023 | Latest post yesterday by JotikaT2
I receive SSI benefits and do not work, therefore do not pay taxes. I take surveys online and receive rewards in Amazon gift cards. The rewards are inconsistent and vary month to month. I am wondering if without ever working and never paying taxes do... read more
luciekitty04 ‎Posted January 9, 2021 | Latest post yesterday by Patty581
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Top Contributors
Manage cookies