Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Deductions & credits
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
Everyone knows there are tax benefits to having children and dependents and some are pretty amazing! If you’ve ever had questions about the popular Child Tax Credit (CTC) or Earned Income Credit (EIC), this is the place to be! TurboTax does the think... read more
Employee Tax Expert KarenL ‎Posted March 1, 2024
It seems the most popular question at tax time is “Can I deduct this…?”. Of course you don’t want to pay more taxes than you need to; and you want to get all the tax deductions and credits you’re entitled to take. The resources below have helped many... read more
Employee Tax Expert KarenL ‎Posted January 18, 2024
Why isn’t there an update option on the “What do you need to change on your return?” screen to amend carry over information from 2021 to 2022 Windows Desktop Premier version? The update will not only appropriately handle losses etc. but should also p... read more
nago870285 ‎Posted an hour ago
Hi IRS primary residence definition is vague. I am finding hard time find out my the last date of primary residence for Publication 523 tax exclusion. I purchased my pervious place in 2018 and current place in 2021. I changed my USPS address on May/2... read more
frank790628 ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post 2 hours ago by rjs
I was using a vehicle that I was still paying on for the majority of 2023 for personal and business use. In October I traded that in and got a different vehicle which was being used for personal and business usage. I am not sure how to file taxes and... read more
Tamlyn74 ‎Posted Monday | Latest post 5 hours ago by Tamlyn74

Intuit Approved! This answer has been verified for accuracy by an Intuit expert employee Excess Contribution to both 401K and 401Roth

Here is my problem. My wife had two different employers in 2023. Both contributed $22,500 to a combination of traditional 401K and Roth 401K. We confirmed this only after we filed our taxes (turbotax did give the notice) and after April 15th, 2024. W... read more
TheGuttes ‎Posted Monday | Latest post 7 hours ago by Opus 17
I work remotely for a health information vendor company based out of MA. I live full time in NC, and all work in performed in NC, however MA state taxes are taken from my check. How does this work come time to file my taxes? I am a W2 employee.
kenpre93 ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post 7 hours ago by TomD8
I put in wrong info of Child care provider. How do I fix it?
mekimi7 ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post 8 hours ago by xmasbaby0
Hello, husband is US citizen and works in UK w/ working visa, some places he pays taxes ( he’s a musician). He has not filed taxes in US of the overseas work. Is this Ilegal?
El42 ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post 9 hours ago by Opus 17
I sold my home on a contract I lived in for 9yrs it had no mortgage on it . Now it's paid in full by the buyers and I'm told I have to fill out a w-9 for IRS by attorney that's drawing up new deed for buyer ? it was only 50.000 over 9 yrs of monthly ... read more
Kwest6764 ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by Mike9241
I receive SSI benefits and do not work, therefore do not pay taxes. I take surveys online and receive rewards in Amazon gift cards. The rewards are inconsistent and vary month to month. I am wondering if without ever working and never paying taxes do... read more
luciekitty04 ‎Posted January 9, 2021 | Latest post yesterday by Patty581
If I were to purchase a used EV and utilize the $4000 credit upfront on the purchase (assuming all qualifications are met) and then trade that in for a new EV later in the same year, can I then also claim the $7500 credit upfront (assuming all qualif... read more
Dillon116 ‎Posted Tuesday | Latest post yesterday by JotikaT2
Question - My wife and I are both self employed for different buisnesses. Married filling joint. We both have seperate work events in the same city that are on the same day. If we both travel by car together, can we both individually write off the mi... read more
jbstav17 ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by jbstav17
Hi ,I am USA citizen residing in USA , I am going to sell my property in foreign country and want to bring the money to USA , I would pay the property gain tax in foreign country/government ,Couple of Questions:1) so do I need to pay tax in USA while... read more
annava17 ‎Posted Wednesday | Latest post yesterday by pk
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Top Contributors
Manage cookies