Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Win $100! Congrats, you've filed! How do you feel now?

Raph
Community Manager
11 114 17046

This sweepstakes has ended

Thank you so much to everyone that participated! It was so great to hear about all of your experiences.  A winner was randomly selected and has been contacted to claim their prize.

Hello community members!

For first-time visitors, welcome to the TurboTax + Mint Community. For returning members, welcome back! We’re so glad to "see" you again!

As we are nearing the end of our tax season let's take a moment and look back.  We want to hear from you! Let us know how you felt as you were getting ready to file your taxes. Were you nervous? What was the difference between then and now? Let us know, and you will have a chance to win a gift card to help you achieve your financial goals.

To enter simply reply to this post with your feelings and tips about filing taxes. On April19th, 2022, a winner will be randomly selected from this thread.

+++++++++

We will be hosting the How Do You Feel Now That You Have Filed sweepstakes to give you, and others, the opportunity to share your tips. One lucky winner will be chosen at random to receive a $100 gift card.

• WHAT: Sweepstakes for a $100 gift card
  • WHEN: Entries will be accepted from April 6th, 2022 through April19th, 2022 at 12:00pm Pacific Time
  • HOW: Enter by adding a comment to this post telling us how you feel now that you've filed your taxes. If you are the winner, we will send you a private message. The winner will be selected at random on April 19th, 2022.

Refer to the attached document for the complete rules.
114 Comments
RonnieS

This was the toughest, most frustrating tax year ever for me, but - I must admit - most of my frustration could have been avoided, had I started them earlier. Two items especially took me countless hours to resolve, but I was only overwhelmed because I was so close to the tax due date. Now that I have filed, I feel relieved, even knowing I left some deductions on the table because of my poor record keeping throughout the year. I've written down the deduction details for this year and beyond, so I'm won't be caught so off guard again.

Thanks TT, as I know things would have been much harder without your software. 

Bdominick

I'm very happy with how everything worked out with filing this year. This was my first time using turbo tax, we usually pay to have someone do it for us. 

Filing was so much easier than I expected,  and when I ran into a problem, the online assistant was very helpful.

Will definitely use turbo tax every year from now on. 

KIP4God4
Returning Member

Turbo Tax peeps are awesome. I do appreciate all your help. This year was a little stressful but it too shall pass. Keep up the hard and great job Turbo Tax Peeps. You are valued and much appreciated.

Sara

PB73

I see I'm not alone, and I am rather frustrated with this years TT.  My return is being rejected for a wrong AGI.  I verified and resubmitted twice so far, and have just done it a 3rd time.  I also, have paid a $25 fee to e-file the state return.  At this point I am exhausted. If it doe not go through, I'll most likely print and run to mail it.  

zionbldr1

Relieved that filing is completed, but totally confused when I started out with free Federal filing, and $44 for State filing.  When I finished I was charged $79 for Federal filing along with the $44 for State filing.  I would like to know why the change?

MForman54

I have been using Turbo Tax for just about 30 years and as always - I am breathing a huge sigh of relief for having been able to file my own taxes with the confidence that I have explored the best possible reporting options for a full and fair refund. Yes, it is a daunting and complex process, but Turbo Tax takes me carefully through each step and keeps me from doing something stupid that would blow up my tax return.

Gord1441

I don't know what the problem is this year...but I know I didn't do anything wrong with my taxes, and I still haven't gotten my refund. 3 months and still nothing!!

ChuckA1

How do I feel after filing - Terrific!  But trying to resolve how I had to pay for both the 'Home & Business' and 'Deluxe' Turbotax versions to file my families returns?

Tennis Virginian

I read several other comments, and I wanted to pass along mine. I've been using TTX since almost the very beginning, and this version is the first to try my patience. Federal rejected, presumably due to mis-typed AGI. . . . . which was correctly and successfully typed in the year-before version for last year's TTax.  In addition, problems with the AGI or PIN that remains unchanged. The result being that after five tries, I shall give it up for the night, with the only balm being that I don't owe the IRS, they owe me. Also sorry that I paid for a version with state access, only to find that Virginia doesn't accept my UN information: ergo, a paper version to be mailed.  BTW, you should alert users to the round-off issues, especially when they don't appear on the screen.

LocaNV208
Level 2

Relieved!! I feel relieved. But checking back on previous years, I've noticed a couple mistakes (not by TurboTax) another company, and I, myself have made, and now have to amend a couple years of returns, and get them out tonight.....

Here's to procrastination!! 🤦😑🤣

Writer_200

I feel truly exhausted but glad it's finally over with for another tax season.  Feeling like it's not too early to get started pulling together materials for next year!

ill and annoyed
Returning Member

Glad it's done...

konqui

Infinitely easier than doing it myself.  I was certain I would owe taxes but instead I got a large refund.

ErickaY

Hello everyone,

This sweepstakes ends today but be on the lookout for our next one! 

We will be picking a winner and reaching out to them by the end of the day. 
Thank you to all who participated. 

Manage cookies