Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Business & farm
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
Having a business is both exciting and rewarding! But it can be confusing if you don’t know what it means for your tax returns. Whether you’re starting off and plan to conquer the world with your new business, have a side gig for a little extra cash,... read more
Expert Alumni KarenL ‎Posted February 15, 2024
jbluwalcostumer ‎Posted March 4, 2023 | Latest post 11m ago by Mike9241
After an explanation, my question will be about deducting medical insurance premiums when filing with a schedule C. My son’s business was very slow in 2022 so he, and his family, qualified for subsidized medical insurance via the California Marketpla... read more
JohnASmith ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by Bsch4477
I am a California resident. We opened an LLC with Wyoming end of last year. I need to file taxes for this entity. Will I be filing a return for two states in this case? I have not registered this LLC in California as a foreign LLC and am ready to dis... read more
PK9999 ‎Posted Friday | Latest post yesterday by TomD8
I'm a new talent agent (formerly a performer). Previously, my methods of receiving and reporting income were very straightforward.... do a show, get a 1099, report the full income, deduct professional expenses, pay taxes on the net. However, now I'm ... read more
ron5678 ‎Posted March 7, 2021 | Latest post Friday by artbathnyc
I converted my partnership to a S Corporation with an effective date of Jan 1 so I am preparing the final return for the partnership and will begin filing the initial return for the S Corp in the next tax year. I checked the box in TT to indicate tha... read more
megsrocky84 ‎Posted Friday
I have a solo 401k and am trying to claim the $500 auto-enrollment credit in Part II (NOT the startup costs credit in Part I). Where do you claim this in Turbotax Home & Business? The only option I see is to claim the credit for startup costs (Part I... read more
T2019T ‎Posted March 17, 2024 | Latest post Friday by calbear
If a sole proprietor who works as an Independent contractor with a single member LLC checkmark individual/single member LLC for the federal tax classification section on a W9 form, use personal and business name and an EIN. Would that member need to ... read more
brandxart-outloo ‎Posted Friday | Latest post Friday by rjs
Right before filing, it asks to sign this consent. I did not realise it wasn't for e-filing and I accidentally signed. I would like to remove this and not consent to my data being shared. Thank you.
zeho362104 ‎Posted Thursday
I bought a new Subaru in 2012, began using it for self-employment in 2017, and got rid of the car in 2020. (I didn't sell the Subaru or trade it in. I just signed over the title to the dealer, and my mother gifted me her used car when she bought a ne... read more
nebirah ‎Posted February 4, 2021 | Latest post Thursday by JGCPA
Hi,I have a rental. In 2022 this was in sch E, other expenses: SECTION 465(d) CARRYOVER $7858. In TT 2023, is complaining because the "carryovers to 2023 smart worksheet" has the value $7858 on line B under QBI. When I have TT check errors, TT shows:... read more
joseph_ld ‎Posted 4 weeks ago | Latest post Thursday by joseph_ld
I have questions for how to file returns for my Mother who died in 2023, and who owned a rental home. I need to file a 1040 for the part of the year she was alive, and a 1041 form for her estate for the part of the year she was not alive. The rental ... read more
randy5419 ‎Posted March 10, 2024 | Latest post Thursday by randy5419
Is my assumption correct that business equipment, such as tools or laptop, that are sold after being fully depreciated to zero after several years of use, count as a gain for ordinary income, to be reported on part III 4797 as section 1245 property? ... read more
big toes ‎Posted Thursday
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Top Contributors
Manage cookies