Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Jun 4, 2019 4:17:55 PM

I am trying to e-file my Federal and State tax and when I enter the billing information the screen does not go to the payment information. I need help. Is anyone there?

I am trying to pay by credit card. Can you help me?

1 56 3706
24 Replies
Not applicable
Jun 4, 2019 4:17:56 PM

Are you trying to pay TurboTax or enter your payment information for federal and state taxes?

Try refreshing the page and perhaps clearing your cache and cookies.

Mar 7, 2021 1:32:08 PM

Screen locks up and cannot  continue with E-File.  Wants me to pay for state e-file

Intuit Alumni
Mar 7, 2021 1:45:37 PM

Try this and see if this clears the issue for you.  Please log completely out of TurboTax.  Then, in your browser, please clear your cache and delete your cookies.  After this, close completely out of the browser.  Re-open everything including logging back into TurboTax.  Also, you can try completing your return in a different browser as well.  

For further instructions on how to clear cache and delete cookies, please see the links below:

Clear Cache

Delete Cookies

Mar 7, 2021 1:53:05 PM

If you are wanting to efile both federal and state, you will need to pay the filing feel (federal efile is free with Turbo Tax, but there is a fee to file your state return).  If you want to pay with a credit card (rather than the more expensive option of having the filing fee deducted from your federal refund, assuming there is one), you will be routed to a payment screen to enter your credit card information.  Hope this helps.

Mar 12, 2021 4:55:32 PM

enter the 25.00 payment for efile state tax

Level 2
Mar 29, 2021 5:08:38 PM

I am trying to pay my state e-file fee with a credit card and when I fill in all of the credit card information it says it cannot accept this card information, check acct #, expiration date, etc. I've used 2 different cards and says the same thing. Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks.

Intuit Alumni
Mar 30, 2021 9:31:09 AM

Try this and see if this clears the issue for you.  Please log completely out of TurboTax.  Then, in your browser, please clear your cache and delete your cookies.  After this, close completely out of the browser.  Re-open everything including logging back into TurboTax.  Also, you can try completing your return in a different browser as well.  

For further instructions on how to clear cache and delete cookies, please see the links below:

Clear Cache

Delete Cookies

Mar 30, 2021 10:20:10 AM

I have emptied cache and cookies and used another browser and Turbo Tax will not accept any credit card for payment. Says info is not correct. I have tried multiple credit cards.

Intuit Alumni
Mar 30, 2021 10:28:55 AM

What address are you using?  You will have to ensure you are utilizing a US address for your credit cards. 

For more details on this error, please see the Help Article here.  

Level 2
Mar 31, 2021 1:05:50 PM

I have tried all suggestions including those in the HELP Article. when mentioning a US address for my credit cards are you talking about my home address? The addresses for all credit cars are only in CA, USA. I feel like I'm being forced to upgrade to TurboTax Premium to allow the $25 E-File state tax fee to be taken out of my Federal taxes. I don't want to do this. And I don't want to print out my state tax form as it is over 50 pages. I have used TurboTax for many years and have never had this problem. Can I call someone and give them my card information over the phone?
Thank you

Intuit Alumni
Apr 1, 2021 9:03:21 AM

@ole4cetz Please contact us by phone for further assistance, What is the TurboTax phone number?

Apr 13, 2021 10:49:18 AM

I got as far as the billing address screen and then it would do nothing. There was no enter button, no forward or backward arrow nothing. It just stopped. I was not able to get to the screen that asked for credit card info.

Expert Alumni
Apr 13, 2021 12:12:18 PM

Please use the following information to contact us and move forward.

1. Click or tap here to go to our Contact us page.
  2. Select your product (CD/Download Mac or CD/Download Windows, or Online), your edition (Basic, Deluxe, etc.), ask your question, then select Continue.
  3. On the following screen, enter your contact info, then select Get the phone number.

The above is the best and most efficient way for you to connect with the right person so that you can get the help you need. But if you still require assistance, you can contact us on (800) 446-8848.

For more information please click the link: What is the TurboTax phone number?

Apr 14, 2021 4:25:57 PM

Yes, I want to e-file my tax returns but can't because I can't figure out how to pay for filing my California tax return.

Level 2
Apr 14, 2021 5:40:57 PM

I have completed all of your recommendations.

After I enter my payment information, I click on the "Place order" button at bottom of page. The next page says in a reddish box.... "We are having trouble authorizing your credit card. Please check address and information and please try again." I have done this about 50 times in the last few weeks at different times of day. I feel like my California State return is trapped inside the program; this is Turbo Tax online. HELP please.

Intuit Alumni
Apr 15, 2021 9:22:47 AM

Please go ahead and reach out to TurboTax Customer Support for assistance with this issue. Use the keywords billing issues sot that you get to the right person. To contact support please see the below TurboTax Help Article:

What is the TurboTax phone number?

@ole4cetz

Returning Member
May 6, 2021 10:39:19 AM

Who can help me?

Expert Alumni
May 6, 2021 4:10:45 PM

I will suggest you to contact our Support Team.  Click here:  TurboTax contact

@Ron81

Returning Member
May 6, 2021 5:04:19 PM

I can’t pay my tax account with Emile on your TurboTax site.  Please help!

Returning Member
May 6, 2021 7:24:48 PM

Yes; but, it’s not working!

Returning Member
May 6, 2021 7:25:26 PM

Ok 

Expert Alumni
May 6, 2021 7:43:00 PM

Please use this link to  Contact Us and look for the phone number for customer support if you continue to have problems accessing the billing screen. 

May 14, 2021 12:16:44 PM

I have cleared my cache/cookies and browsing history.  When I click on pay by credit card I get to the below screen and it locks up.  Will not allow me to click on anything.  

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ns8yespzl5cooe/Screenshot%202021-05-14%2015.16.17.png?dl=0

Expert Alumni
May 14, 2021 12:59:33 PM

Try these articles for more resources: 

Error Code 2 - Internet connection issue.

Troubleshoot installation and running TurboTax for Windows.

Reasons for additional fees beyond what was paid would be for e-filing or for an extra state download. 

[Edited 05/14/2021 | 1:01 PM PST]

@csimiele