Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Buschd90
Returning Member

Random money

I just received a deposit last week for $1100 in my bank account. It says its from taxes but I don't know for what. Any way to confirm what its for? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
conniem123
Employee Tax Expert

Random money

I understand you received a deposit in your bank account from the IRS last week.  There are a numerous reasons you could have received a deposit from the IRS.  

First, if you had employment compensation reported on your 2020 tax return that was not excluded , that could be one reason for the refund.  

Second, it could be the advance child tax credit payments that were issued last week, if you have dependents that qualify for the Child Tax Credit.

Third, the IRS also could have made a change to your filed tax return.  The $1,100 could possibly be a Recovery Rebate Credit for stimulus payments not received by you.

The IRS typically mails  a notice following issuing a refund with an explanation of the deposit.  If you are still unsure of the deposit, you can also request a Record of Account Transcript that will reflect any changes the IRS made to a return that you filed.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Random money

The IRS should send a letter explaining it in 3-6 weeks.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies