Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gfishler
Returning Member

K-1 line 17 code V has "stmt"

I have a problem arising from QBI -k-1 that has V* code and "Stmt" instead of amount:  followed the instructions to enter 0 and v-code, everything fine till I ran the check on my federal return, this check continues to fail because of 0 in the amount next to V code. 

how do I pass the check?

Thanks

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

@gfishler I cannot explain that behavior since, in the test return I have entered, I get no errors and can proceed all the way through to e-file.

Perhaps you should contact Support (link below).

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

View solution in original post

6 Replies

You should have received a statement with a figure (or figures) along with your K-1. Use that statement to enter a figure on Line 17 with a V code.

If you actually have a zero on your statement, clear the zero from Line 17 with the V code and do not select the V code from the dropdown list.

gfishler
Returning Member

statement contains only UBIA of certain amount, should I put that amount next to the V -code or delete the code completely?

Thanks

@gfishler Enter the amount. You will later be presented with a screen specific to that entry.

gfishler
Returning Member

I did, V code amount has amount next to it, then 2 screen later I have selected UBIA and put the specified amount.   then when I run a federal check it keeps showing this amount whether it is zero or UBIA amount as error.  I even tried to e-file with this error and transmission failed due to the error.   Thanks

@gfishler I cannot explain that behavior since, in the test return I have entered, I get no errors and can proceed all the way through to e-file.

Perhaps you should contact Support (link below).

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

Same thing happened to me!! I finally entered the Turbotax "forms" mode. So not the step by step mode. Look at your Turbotax software window and see the blue bar at the top. On the right hand side, there are 3 items at the top in the blue bar (forms or step by step, flags and notifications).

Click on the Forms icon. It will take you the forms mode.

Then in the left hand side there is a list of forms you have been using to fill in the data. Search for the K-1 and click on it, this will change your window and you will enter the window area for the K-1. Then you will scroll down and you should be able to manually enter the data you are trying to update. You want to make sure it all matches the lines on your K1 that you have from your accountant. Then make sure to save it. This should fix the problem.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies