Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Investors & landlords
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
A rental activity must rise to the level of 'a trade or business' to claim 20% QBI deduction no matter whether the landlord uses Safe Harbor or Sec. 162. The instructions to Form 1099-MISC emphatically say to report on Form 1099-MISC only when paymen... read more
manbeing ‎Posted February 26, 2020 | Latest post 6 hours ago by Pat1957
Background: The rental property is co-owned by me (Oscar) and my mom. The house was purchased under both of our names. We split the closing costs with a 3.5% down payment. Afterwards, I paid all future years of the mortgage (including taxes and insur... read more
obeteta ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by Mike9241
I am considering buying a mobile home as an investment property. Since it is not my primary residence, can I deduct the lot rental on my federal taxes? If not, what if I created a business entity to own the property. I'm hoping the formal business cr... read more
bruced63 ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by Bsch4477
The amount of the sale of rights was $10 so if I give a date of sale for that, Turbo Tax presumes that i sold the stock and counts the difference from the cost basis (also not given by me) as a loss. I did not sell the stock
ORKE1 ‎Posted March 31, 2021 | Latest post Wednesday by JotikaT2
Assuming a Vanguard fund sale has been performed in Q1 of 2024: The 1099-DIV (or Consolidated Form 1099-2021) for 2024 has not been produced yet by Vanguard.But I would like to avoid late withholding payment penalties and interest. Which means I shou... read more
dbe2022 ‎Posted Wednesday | Latest post Wednesday by Mike9241
I cannot see what form is telling me to get because There are words wrote over the top of it and I cannot see. Does anybody know what number that form is?
hawkinsbren56 ‎Posted Tuesday | Latest post Tuesday by Carl
I bought some Properties towards the end of last year and had to do some repairs to get rent ready; this made for an Income loss in 2019. On doing the 2020 taxes, Turbotax is now requesting me to enter QBI Passive Operating Loss for 2019 while it was... read more
Toksica ‎Posted February 3, 2021 | Latest post Tuesday by LenaH
Hello all that are interested in this subject. As concluded, Turbo Tax will not support these kinds of investments, and I had to use TaxAct Online. I believe there is one other online company that can do them, but I do not know their name. First of a... read more
DXS ‎Posted November 1, 2023 | Latest post Tuesday by DXS
I have several short term rental condos and have been using schedule C for my short term rental business. I converted one of my condos over to a long term rental and filled out the schedule e form for this rental. I need to move the depreciation that... read more
RandyD ‎Posted May 31, 2019 | Latest post Tuesday by Sixgunsammy
My mother passed away and left her house to me with a beneficiary deed. I am preparing to sell the house and would like to share the proceeds with my mom's sister, who received nothing from the estate because my mother did not have a will/estate plan... read more
gecko2420 ‎Posted Tuesday | Latest post Tuesday by Mike9241
Just over a year ago we bought two lots for a combined total of $40,000. The verbal agreement with the seller was $19,000 for one and $21,000 for the other one that we are now selling. Our Realtor wrote it up for the total $40K price. All of the clos... read more
cottagecharm11 ‎Posted Saturday | Latest post Monday by fanfare
My deceased mother's estate sold non-producing mineral rights.She inherited those rights from her father.The county central appraisal district has not appraised the value of those rights because they are non-producing. Does TurboTax Business (Estate)... read more
crookedoak ‎Posted Friday | Latest post Monday by Rick19744
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Top Contributors
Manage cookies