If you did not receive your first and/or second stimulus payment or if the amount received is not correct, you can claim it on your 2020 tax return as the Recovery Rebate Credit.
In TurboTax Online, to claim the Recovery Rebate credit please do the following:
- Sign into your account and continue from where you left off
- Click on Federal in the left-hand column, then on Federal Review on the top of the screen
- On the next page titled Let's make sure you got the right stimulus amount, click on Continue
- Follow the interview
- TurboTax will determine whether you are entitled to any additional stimulus
- Any stimulus amount remaining due to you will show as a credit on line 30 of your form 1040.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
For people who have not received the first and second stimulus checks, the only way to get them now is to file the 2020 Tax Return and claim the Recovery Rebate Credit.
To claim the Recovery Rebate Credit, inside your TurboTax program, follow these steps:
- Go to the search box and enter stimulus. Click the Jump to link.
- Answer Yes.
- At the next screen, Let's double-check the amount you received, answer No to edit the first-round and second-round amounts.
- If no stimulus amount was received, enter 0. An amount must be entered in each box. When finished, click Continue.
For more information, see: Recovery Rebate Credit Frequently Asked Questions | Internal Revenue Service
Regarding the third stimulus payment, see: Stimulus payment resources for your 2020 taxes.