Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

rrefund not recieved for 2018

I filed taxes back at the end of January and i still have not recieved them and it is now june 20th 2019 what do i do


3 Replies
Level 15

rrefund not recieved for 2018

A lot of people who filed that early have had delays in their refunds.


Did you efile, or did you print, sign, and mail the return?   If you efiled, double-check with this tool to be sure the return was efiled successfully and accepted:

If that showed it was accepted (or if you mailed the return), what do you see at the IRS website below for the status of your Federal refund?

If that IRS tool shows that the refund has been sent, but you never received it report back for more info.

If the IRS tool says it is still "being processed",  we can tell you how to speak to a live agent at the IRS to see if they can tell you anything about the delay, and also how to reach the IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service for assistance, if necessary.

To track a state refund:

New Member

rrefund not recieved for 2018

The IRS tool still says being processed so can you please tell me How to speak to a live agent as well as how to reach an advocate. Thank you
Level 15

rrefund not recieved for 2018

Here's how to reach a live agent at the IRS:

800-829-1040 (7AM-7 PM local time)


When calling the IRS do not choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.

  • First choose your language.  Listen to each menu before making the selection.
  • Then press 2 for "personal income tax".
  • Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  
  • Then press 3 "for all other questions."
  • Then press 2 "for all other questions."  It may transfer you to an agent at that point, but there is likely to be a long wait.

I usually use a speakerphone so I can work on something else while waiting.


If you don't get good info/results from the IRS, you can contact the IRS Taxpayer Advocate for your area.   They are especially prone to help if you have a hardship, or if there have been continued delays with lack of info from the IRS.    At the following IRS website, find the USA map and click on your state, and it will give you the number of your IRS Taxpayer Advocate.


Also see this article for more info on how the IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service works::

Privacy Settings