Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How was my state refund sent

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

You and your state tax agency are the only ones that can know.    What did you choose for the payment method for your state refund?  Did you choose direct deposit to your bank account, direct deposit to a prepaid debit card, or a paper check in the mail?

Look at your return PDF and review a state page called "Filing Instructions".   It should show your refund method.    Also look at the state return itself.  The refund payment method should be shown in the refund section of the return.

If you chose direct deposit, but the direct deposit fails, it goes back to the state tax agency who will issue a paper check in the mail.

How do you know the state has already sent your funds?   Did you use the tracking tool on the state tax website?

If you haven't received your funds, and it's been a while, check to be sure that your return was successfully filed.   

If you efiled, what do you see when you check with this tool?   Was your state return accepted?
https://shop.turbotax.intuit.com/efile/efile_status_lookup.jsp

If that showed your efiled state return was accepted, or if you printed and mailed the return, the FAQ below tells how to check on a state refund.

TIP:   While you're at your state's tax website, also look for a statement or FAQ that may say about how long it takes to get a refund in your state and how to long to wait before phoning them.

FAQ:  How do I track my state refund?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/how-do-i-track-my-state-refund/00/25571

Mmelen

On my state tax I see I’m supposed to print out paperwork. question do I print and send to state? Or just the last Page?

@ Mmelen wrote:

On my state tax I see I’m supposed to print out paperwork. question do I print and send to state? Or just the last Page?

This is an old thread from 2.5 years ago on a different topic by someone asking how their state refund was sent to them.

While it's possible someone familiar with your state filing issue might see it in this old thread, it's less likely.  Normally it's best to start a new thread for greater visibility by the forum members who might be familiar with it.   But in any case, there's not enough information for anyone to know what you refer to, so it would require more explanation from you anyway.   Such as

1) What state?

2)  What kind of paperwork is it asking you to print?   Or are you referring to printing out your state return to file it by mail instead of efiling?   Normally it's best to efile the return.

3)  You mentioned "last page."  We have no way of knowing what "the last page" is and what you are referring to.

4)  Have you already filed your Federal return, and if so, was it by efile, or did you file the Federal by printing and mailing?

5)  Do you plan to efile your state return or to print and mail to the state tax agency?  

6)  Did you view/print the Filing Instructions page to see what is required by your state?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies