rejected return

ednagorbet

rejected return

My return keeps getting rejected because the birth date is different from the one the IRS has. They don't even require it on the 1040SR. I have the right date.  Why did you even require it?

I have re-entered it 6 times and it is still rejected.

I am doing this for my 97 year old MIL who is in a nursing home.

Please help...

rejected return

The IRS uses the DOB, name and SSN to verify that the taxpayer is who they say they are on an e-filed tax return.  The IRS receives this information from the Social Security Administration.  If the information received from the SSA does not match what is in the IRS database the e-filed tax return will be rejected.

Your only option is to print and mail the federal tax return.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for printing a tax return for mailing - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/printing/help/how-do-i-print-and-mail-my-return-in-turbotax-online...

To prevent this rejection next year, call the Social Security Administration (SSA) at 1-800-772-1213 to verify their records (this is where the IRS database pulls from). If the info is wrong, please allow 4–6 weeks for correction.

rejected return

TT has no need of this date however when you efile a return the IRS checks the first 4 letters of your last name, year of birth and SS# against the SS administration records ... if these do not match then the efiled return is rejected by the IRS not TT.   So if you cannot successfully efile then your only option is to mail in the return.