Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Does 1099 update double up or properly overwrite?

I had already downloaded a February version of 1099 from stock broker.  Now there's a late March version.  When I download the newer 1099, will it properly overwrite the old data, or be added on top and doubling the data?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I would guess that it would double it up, but I really don't know.  Save a copy of your income tax return using another name - maybe with TEST TEST TEST in the file name - open it up, import, and see if you have a duplicate. 

If you don't then go back over to your live file and import the new 1099. 

If you do have a duplicate, go back to your live file, undo the import - "File" > "Remove imported Data" > select 1099 to reverse - then import the new 1099.

Of course you should cruise back through any areas where the 1099 information has changed, just to see if there's anything you need to do.

Tom Young

View solution in original post

1 Reply

I would guess that it would double it up, but I really don't know.  Save a copy of your income tax return using another name - maybe with TEST TEST TEST in the file name - open it up, import, and see if you have a duplicate. 

If you don't then go back over to your live file and import the new 1099. 

If you do have a duplicate, go back to your live file, undo the import - "File" > "Remove imported Data" > select 1099 to reverse - then import the new 1099.

Of course you should cruise back through any areas where the 1099 information has changed, just to see if there's anything you need to do.

Tom Young

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies