2020 Illinois state refund status

2020 Illinois state refund status

TurboTax email says my state return was accepted, but when I check Illinois they say "The information you entered cannot be matched to a tax return in our system. If you filed electronically, please allow up to seven days from the date you submitted your return for it to be logged into our system. If you mailed your return, please allow up to ten weeks from the mailing date for it to be logged into our system."  I double check the information I imputed and it is correct.

Why the difference?  What does it mean that my state return was “accepted” per the TurboTax email to me?

2020 Illinois state refund status

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2840013-does-accepted-mean-my-refund-is-approved

2020 Illinois state refund status

xmasbaby0:  The article you referenced said "Accepted means your tax return is now in the government's hands and has passed the initial inspection".  

My point is when I check with Illinois they tell me: " "The information you entered cannot be matched to a tax return in our system."  

So Illinois is saying they don't have the tax return, but TurboTax says it is "accepted".  That is my problem and the disconnect.

2020 Illinois state refund status

TT tells you that the e-file has been accepted.  That acceptance came from the state.     TT gets no further information from IL.   Has it been longer than the seven days the IL message mentioned?     I also live in IL---and IL is not exactly known for speed and efficiency  in processing tax returns.

2020 Illinois state refund status

Hope you are enjoying the warm weather?

TT email was on Feb 13.  Today is Feb 23..  Maybe they are just taking longer to log in the return?

Thanks