mrvorce

Where do I claim VA benefits?

MichelleT

Where do I claim VA benefits?

Veterans' Benefits

Generally, you don't need to report any income as veterans' benefits you received. The government does not tax them.

Here is an exception :
 - You received education benefits and claim education expenses for a credit or deduction. We will ask you for education VA benefits, in the education section.

Inside your tax return, Go to the upper right hand search box and type VA Benefits> click on "jump to" and begin VA questions there.

TurboTax Free Edition, 2017

MichelleT

Where do I claim VA benefits?

Veterans' Benefits

Here is an exception :

TurboTax Free Edition, 2017

Where do I claim VA benefits?

VA benefits are not taxable.  You do not enter them on your tax return.

Where do I claim VA benefits?

However, you can record them as non taxable income for purposes of the Sales Tax deduction if you itemize.