Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Investors & landlords
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
I am a TX resident with CA rental property generating loss for 2021. I filed my tax using turbotax desktop version for 2021. I added CA state as non resident and my inputs from federal return passed over to CA state return. The CA(540NR) Part II sect... read more
nomad ‎Posted yesterday
Hi Guys I have question ask future tax's I may have to pay with 1099s. I was on deed with my Mom for couple years . She was 92 passed Nov 8 2023. Sold the house May 2 this year. I did share half the sale with my older brother . House was only under m... read more
frankdigiu ‎Posted Sunday | Latest post yesterday by Hal_Al
Hello, I have seen a couple of posts similar to my situation but since this is my first rental property, I want to be sure I’m understanding since I’m aware that things can get messy if taxes aren’t done correctly the first year. I have a property th... read more
Ashleej828 ‎Posted Saturday | Latest post Tuesday by Ajurad028
I have made approximately 20,000 USD by selling some stock I have. Since I sold it after owning it for over a year, I thought I would not get taxed at all (tax bracket indicates that capital gain tax of 0% will be applied for profit under 40,000 USD)... read more
DCDC2 ‎Posted Monday | Latest post Monday by Hal_Al
What is the tax liability if you are over 65
fowlerpharm ‎Posted Sunday | Latest post Monday by Mike9241
I have a rental property that was destroyed by fire. I have some questions regarding casualty loss, the insurance payout tax treatment and its impact on 1031 exchange: 1. I understand that if I take the insurance payout and don't rebuild, the payout ... read more
knownoise ‎Posted Sunday | Latest post Sunday by knownoise
Assuming a Vanguard fund sale has been performed in Q1 of 2024: The 1099-DIV (or Consolidated Form 1099-2021) for 2024 has not been produced yet by Vanguard.But I would like to avoid late withholding payment penalties and interest. Which means I shou... read more
dbe2022 ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post Saturday by fanfare
After I manually filled out my foreign stock sale as though i had 1099-B, the next step shows that uploading documentation of the sales summary is required by IRS. As the foreign securities institution and foreign regulations are not required to have... read more
chinyen28 ‎Posted Friday | Latest post Saturday by fanfare
CubsCarol ‎Posted February 18, 2024 | Latest post Friday by M-MTax
I have just a retirement account and life insurance policy with Prudential Financial Mexico. My contributions are invested in UDIS (Unidades de Inversión) by Prudential to protect against inflation, similar to TIPS (Treasury Inflation-Protected Secur... read more
nativi81 ‎Posted Friday
A rental activity must rise to the level of 'a trade or business' to claim 20% QBI deduction no matter whether the landlord uses Safe Harbor or Sec. 162. The instructions to Form 1099-MISC emphatically say to report on Form 1099-MISC only when paymen... read more
manbeing ‎Posted February 26, 2020 | Latest post Friday by Pat1957
Background: The rental property is co-owned by me (Oscar) and my mom. The house was purchased under both of our names. We split the closing costs with a 3.5% down payment. Afterwards, I paid all future years of the mortgage (including taxes and insur... read more
obeteta ‎Posted Thursday | Latest post Thursday by Mike9241
I am considering buying a mobile home as an investment property. Since it is not my primary residence, can I deduct the lot rental on my federal taxes? If not, what if I created a business entity to own the property. I'm hoping the formal business cr... read more
bruced63 ‎Posted Thursday | Latest post Thursday by Bsch4477
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Top Contributors
Manage cookies