Thank you for coming to Ask the Experts Day – the event has now concluded
On behalf of the Experts participating, I would like to thank you for joining us. We hope you will return to the forums to share your experiences, both good and bad.
We will be hosting more Ask the Experts events in the months to come. We hope to see you then!
If you still have questions to ask, feel free to post them on the Community – we always have experts on the Community ready to help you out.
Join us on Wednesday, August 31 any time between 9:00am and 5:00pm Pacific Time for our latest installment of our Ask the Experts event series. This time we'll be answering questions about side gigs and the 1099-K.
Come spend a minute, an hour, or the whole day in the TurboTax + Mint Community forums to get live answers from Tax and Financial Experts on your questions and get advice about taxes and personal finance, for free! There’s no limit on how many questions you can ask—we’re up for the challenge and ready to answer things like;
- How does having a side gig affect my taxes?
- What does it mean to be self-employed?
- Do payment apps have an impact on my taxes?
- What qualifies me to receive a 1099-K form?
- I received more than $600 through apps like Venmo, PayPal and CashApp by selling hobby crafts or re-selling goods. Does this affect my taxes?
- Does driving for a ridesharing company affect my taxes?
- How does owning a business that sells goods and accepts payments through apps like Venmo, PayPal or CashApp affect my taxes?
How The Day will work:
On August 31st, we will post a link on this page to access the Special Event Forum. Tax and finance experts will be online and ready to tackle your tough questions and engage in real-time conversation with you. Just sign in to the TurboTax + Mint Community, and select the blue Ask a Question button at the top of our special event forum to start a conversation! If it is after 9am Pacific Time on August 31st, and you don't see the event link yet, just refresh this page and it will appear.
Millions of customers come to the TurboTax + Mint Community every month—we hope that you’ll join us for this special event on August 31st.
***Stay tuned for future events on the TurboTax Community!