wjcain87

Where do I input my per diem difference for my deduction?

Difference from what my company pays and what the government rate is.
AshleyRose

Here's how to enter your DOT per diem in TurboTax:

1. Open your return if it's not already open and search for this exact phrase: job expenses, employee (include the comma and space) and then click the "Jump to" link in the search results.
  2. On the Tell Us About the Occupation You Have Expenses For screen, enter your occupation (Truck Driver, Airline Pilot, etc.) and click Continue.
  3. On the Do Any of These Uncommon Situations Apply to John's Job? screen, check the You are in the transportation industry checkbox and click Continue.
  • On the next few screens, you'll be asked about home office expenses, mileage, and other topics. Answer those questions as appropriate.
  • Eventually you'll come to the Any Other Expenses? screen. On this screen, enter your unreimbursed DOT per diem in the field Meal expenses covered by Department of Transportation rules.
  • https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4146014