fatboycustoms83

When will I receive my refund?

ChrisVonHoep

When will I receive my refund?

Refunds are generally processed within 21 days after acceptance. After acceptance, the next step is for the government to review your refund.

During the review process, they look for math errors on your return (extremely rare in TurboTax) and they also check if you owe back taxes, unpaid child support, or other debts.

If they need to make any corrections, they may offset (reduce) your refund. In some cases, the correction might even increase your refund.

Once that part's done, the government approves your refund, which means it's ready to be deposited or sent.

It can take up to 21 calendar days after acceptance for the IRS to issue your refund, although most refunds go more quickly than that, while a small handful may take a bit longer.

Start tracking your federal refund at the IRS Where's My Refund site. For state refunds, go to your state government's refund lookup service.
RobinB

When will I receive my refund?

The IRS states the you should receive your refund in 21 days from the date the return is accepted by the IRS.

The IRS may take up to a week to update your return status.

If for any reason, there is an issue, the IRS will notify you by mail.

You can always call them.  1-800-829-1040

There are a few ways you can track your tax return.

However, if you received the EIC/EITC, there are delays.  I am posting a link below with that information. 

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/refund-timing