Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Jun 7, 2019 4:36:45 PM

I have received my federal refund but not my NY State refund. Is there a way to check the status of my state refund?

1 25 25859
1 Best answer
Jun 7, 2019 4:36:48 PM

New York State processing times vary. However, if you believe your refund is taking longer than expected, you can contact New York State Tax Department refund status anytime at 1-518-457-5149 or, contact the Department of Taxation and Finance.

New York Department of Taxation states that" New York State reviews all 10 million income tax returns and uses award-winning technology to detect suspicious activity, including identity theft. However, our goal is to stop questionable refunds before they go out the door, not to delay your refund." 

Here’s a link to the New York State website where you can find out more information and check the status of your refundhttps://www.tax.ny.gov/pit/file/refund.htm

24 Replies
Jun 7, 2019 4:36:46 PM

Me as well. I received my federal three weeks ago, but haven't received my NY State refund yet. Usually I get State refund either same week or week after federal refund. Getting concerned, am looking for that money to help me make it while I'm out on sick leave for cancer treatments.

Jun 7, 2019 4:36:48 PM

New York State processing times vary. However, if you believe your refund is taking longer than expected, you can contact New York State Tax Department refund status anytime at 1-518-457-5149 or, contact the Department of Taxation and Finance.

New York Department of Taxation states that" New York State reviews all 10 million income tax returns and uses award-winning technology to detect suspicious activity, including identity theft. However, our goal is to stop questionable refunds before they go out the door, not to delay your refund." 

Here’s a link to the New York State website where you can find out more information and check the status of your refundhttps://www.tax.ny.gov/pit/file/refund.htm

Level 2
Jun 7, 2019 4:36:49 PM

Could you actually answer the question, or at least admit that you don't know?  There are numerous press stories about mysterious New York delays this year, and the links don't seem to help.  

Jun 7, 2019 4:36:56 PM

For real

Feb 10, 2020 11:42:36 AM

Same thing in VA. They don't even show the information for my return even though Turbo confirmed it was accepted.

Not applicable
Feb 10, 2020 11:47:51 AM

State and federal refunds are processed by two different agencies. See this Turbo Tax FAQ below for more information regarding How to track my state refund.

Intuit Alumni
Feb 27, 2020 1:16:57 PM

@Bryan9158 Did you have an additional question that we can assist you with?

Level 2
Mar 5, 2020 6:37:56 AM

This phone number does not connect to a human,it tells you the same thing that the website says, I filed my NYS on 01/12/2020 and it was accepted 01/27/20, it's March now, everyone that I know has already received their NYS return,A direct line to a human would be very helpful,some of us are getting no answers and we've paid enough money for are taxes to be done,a little understanding and support would be greatly appreciated

Mar 15, 2020 4:45:58 AM

@dhugebome I'm in the same boat, I called[phone number removed] and spoke to a person but they really didnt help! They only said "I see it hasn't been adjusted, or taken we are just waiting for a deposit date" both times they said that. Which doesn't help. 

Mar 15, 2020 4:47:12 AM

Turbo tax deleted the number

Call [phone number removed]

Intuit Alumni
Mar 15, 2020 8:19:24 AM

@dhugebome Please click the link below to contact customer service concerning your state return. Customer service representatives are available to assist you Monday through Friday during normal business hours.

https://www.tax.ny.gov/help/contact/

Level 1
Mar 17, 2020 6:38:04 PM

I have received my federal refund but when I received my state refund 

Intuit Alumni
Mar 18, 2020 8:21:47 AM

TurboTax does not receive any updates from the IRS once they have accepted your return. Each state handles its own refunds.

Please click the TurboTax help link, listed below, to learn how to track your State return.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433

Mar 20, 2020 10:19:15 AM

Where is my NY stata tax refund 

Intuit Alumni
Mar 20, 2020 10:26:34 AM

Each state handles its own returns and processing times vary. To track your state refund please click the link below and select your state.

How do I contact my state Department of Revenue? - Community

Apr 12, 2020 10:16:03 AM

I need my state as well when will it come

Level 15
Apr 12, 2020 10:17:26 AM

@Preetyboy wrote:

I need my state as well when will it come

To check the status of an e-filed return, open up your desktop product or log into your TurboTax Online Account. You can find your status within the TurboTax product.

If accepted by the state use this TurboTax support FAQ to check the state tax refund status - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

Jun 9, 2020 10:36:11 AM

I have send in my taxes back in february   Its  june now.   I am wondering what is going on?   But can not get any answers. 

Expert Alumni
Jun 11, 2020 6:23:36 AM

The online link is your best option to track your refund.  I have attached a link with more answers from the IRS as to why your refund may be taking longer to process.

Federal refund questions

There is a delay in processing the returns as the IRS is not processing paper returns at the moment due to Covid-19 and social distancing policies in effect.  

IRS operations

Mar 2, 2021 1:32:06 PM

I haven’t receive my tax refund for the past 5 years

Intuit Alumni
Mar 2, 2021 1:46:01 PM

@Ksbfamily You may just be making a general statement to ass to the thread however in the event that you are looking for assistance into not receiving refunds, the following FAQ provides some insight: Refund Offset.

Mar 13, 2021 8:00:45 AM

They keep deleting the number can someone help.

Intuit Alumni
Mar 13, 2021 9:51:17 AM

Please see the TurboTax FAQ below for assistance in tracking your state tax return:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/how-do-i-track-my-state-refund/00/25571

Jul 9, 2022 2:34:22 AM

It’s been 6 months sense I received my Federal return.