• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Jun 3, 2019 4:50:34 PM

How do I add my Direct Deposit?

0 112 19772
24 Replies
Jun 3, 2019 4:50:36 PM

If you have not yet e-filed or mailed your tax return, you can go to the “File” section and enter/update your bank information.

Refund options for Federal

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3370270

Refund options for State

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301663

Returning Member
Aug 8, 2019 5:55:24 AM

Need help setting up my direct deposit 

Level 15
Aug 8, 2019 6:05:47 AM

@Roosterrebel44  

Did you try reading the links provided in the thread you posted your question to?  Return to your post, scroll up, and read.  In order to set up direct deposit for your refund in the FILE section you will need your bank's routing number and your account number.

Level 15
Aug 8, 2019 6:05:48 AM

In the FILE tab step 2 the option to have a DD will be offered... where are you having trouble in that step? 

Returning Member
Aug 9, 2019 4:52:07 AM

I just dont see where to do that at

Level 15
Aug 9, 2019 6:29:15 AM

@Roosterrebel44  If you have already filed your 2018 tax return you cannot change the method of receiving the tax refund.

If you have not filed the tax return and are using the TurboTax online editions then see this TurboTax support FAQ for direct deposit information - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/entering-importing/help/where-do-i-enter-my-bank-s-routing-or-account-number/01/26300

Click on the File tab on the left side of the TurboTax 2018 online program screen.

Returning Member
Feb 19, 2020 10:30:45 AM

Do I already have tax direct deposit?

Expert Alumni
Feb 19, 2020 10:41:11 AM

This will help you determine the method you will be receiving your refund.   These steps can not be performed on the TurboTax Mobile App, you will need to sign into your account at https://turbotax.intuit.com/ using the same login credentials you used on the app.

1. Open your return if it's not already open.
  2. On the Tax Home screen with the amount of your refund and status, scroll down and select Add a State (don't worry, we're not adding a state) to access your tax forms and worksheets.
  3. In the left menu, select Tax Tools then Print Center.
  4. On the TurboTax Print Center screen, select Print, save or preview this year's return.
  5. On the next TurboTax Print Center screen, select 2019 federal returns and Include Government and TurboTax Worksheets (optional), then select View or Print Forms.
  6. The information will be on the first page, Electronic Filing Instructions for your 2019 Federal Tax Return next to Balance Due/Refund."

Feb 21, 2020 12:24:21 AM

I’m not sure If I put the right direct deposit numbers how do I check 

Intuit Alumni
Feb 21, 2020 8:11:51 AM

@Tashia  If you haven't yet e-filed your return, follow these instructions to revisit your refund method and check the routing and account number you entered.

If you've already filed your return, refer to the following TurboTax FAQ for instructions on downloading/printing your tax return:  How do I get a copy of a return I filed this year ...  You will find your routing and account number listed on line 21b & d of your 1040 Form.

If your bank rejects the deposit, and your refund is sent back to the IRS, the government will mail you a paper check.  Refer to the following FAQ for additional information:  What if I entered the wrong bank account for direc ...

Returning Member
Feb 25, 2020 7:17:07 PM

To my tax tubo account

Intuit Alumni
Feb 25, 2020 7:27:27 PM

As long as you haven't already e-filed, you can select direct deposit for your refund. You can use the link provided below to walk you through how to add your direct deposit information in TurboTax:

How can I change my transferred direct deposit information

Mar 27, 2020 11:03:16 AM

I wont be receiving any return money for 2019 tax year, however i need to file for direct deposit for the stimulus check that will be sent. I don't knowhow to enter my direct deposit information since Idon't get a refund this year.

Please help!

I have a few people that are in my same situation that needs help.

Thanks, 

A

Intuit Alumni
Mar 27, 2020 11:13:37 AM

@raymi1977

You cannot include your bank information unless you are due a refund.

Since the CARES Act has not been signed into law, there are some questions that can't be answered definitively at this time. Please check for updates here:

Your trusted resource for tax information updates during COVID-19 

You may also check the IRS website for updates here:  IRS has set up a special coronavirus landing page 

Please see the links below, for more information:

Is the Tax Deadline Delayed? What to Know About Coronavirus (COVID-19) and Your Taxes

Not applicable
Mar 28, 2020 11:31:25 AM

Hi there,

Can you confirm that if you are eligible for the corona virus stimulus check and you filed your taxes through turbo tax for 2019/received your refund...that the IRS has the direct deposit information for the check?

Basically asking if the IRS gets direct deposit info when we file using your service. Kindly let me know!

Thanks!

Intuit Alumni
Mar 28, 2020 11:42:42 AM

@hwf There are some questions that can't be answered definitively at this time. We will update as the information becomes available from the government. If the government does distribute the money in this manner, it was stated they would pull your taxes and use the account you listed, so it would be pulled from your tax file, yes. Please check for updates here: Coronavirus Tax Relief

Your trusted resource for tax information updates during COVID-19 

Mar 30, 2020 2:40:04 PM

I couldn't e-file. However with the stimulas it is saying to best serve us to hace a direct deposit set up. It didn't give me that option when I did my taxes.  How can I add it to my tax information?

Level 15
Mar 30, 2020 2:57:59 PM

@Avan wrote:

I couldn't e-file. However with the stimulas it is saying to best serve us to hace a direct deposit set up. It didn't give me that option when I did my taxes.  How can I add it to my tax information?

If you are not receiving a tax refund then there is no direct deposit information to enter.

Apr 2, 2020 12:37:59 PM

Can I add my direct deposit info after I done filed?

Intuit Alumni
Apr 2, 2020 12:51:36 PM

No. Once you have submitted your return, you are unable to add direct deposit information. 

How do I change my refund method? - Community

Apr 2, 2020 3:10:25 PM

How can i get direct deposit

Level 15
Apr 2, 2020 3:26:27 PM

@bassethound wrote:

How can i get direct deposit

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know

The IRS does not have my direct deposit information. What can I do?

In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

Apr 4, 2020 2:23:40 AM

Where do I add my direct deposit info

Apr 5, 2020 12:06:08 AM

I have my address for .y taxes because I owe $391.

I was advised I can get a relief of $1,200 but I need a direct deposit account.

Can you help me to add a direct deposit account to the IRS please?

Thanks,