skycamper

Creating a 1040 from a 1040x

Hi there, 

Im helping my dad file his 2017 and 2018 back taxes with the state of OR.   He did file these with the IRS.   Both files at the IRS have been ammended with 1040x.    

I called the Oregon Dept of Revenue and they told me they dont want copies of the amended 1040x and to file the oregon standard form OR-40  with the most current amended numbers from the 1040 but dont make it in the form of a 1040x.    Use those numbers to calculate the OR-40 as well.    

I used Turbo Tax Home and Business since my dad has a schedule C and E.   How can I get a 1040 from the current 1040x.    How do I convert the 1040x  to a 1040 with the current numbers without starting from scratch?   

bluedeb

Creating a 1040 from a 1040x

Have you printed out your amended return?  TurboTax usually prints out a new 1040 form.  It shows how your return would have looked if you originally filed that way.  It is for your records but you could send that 1040 with your State return.

bluedeb

Creating a 1040 from a 1040x

To add:  You cannot convert 1040X into a 1040 form.  If you don't get a printout of the new Federal 1040 form.  You would have to pull up his original Federal returns that he filed & just add the changes to the Federal return.

bluedeb

Creating a 1040 from a 1040x

bluedeb

Creating a 1040 from a 1040x

skycamper

Creating a 1040 from a 1040x

That's a good idea to modify the original return and or use the printed 1040.  Unfortunately, the OR-40 still says amended and I cant uncheck the box.  No matter, modifying the originals with updated numbers seems best.     Thank you!