`

Cost to file

Looks like my filing is done and submitted.  I'm just curious, after the fact.  I am retired and 72 years old.  I got a reverse mortgage three years ago.  My only income is my State of Colorado employee retirement (PERA) and Social Security.  No investments, no interest, no nothing.  I can't see how my situation could be simpler.  So I don't understand why I had to pay so much.  Doesn't Turbo Tax (and H&R Block) advertise "free" services?  Did I do something wrong?

Cost to file

We wish people who are confused by the TT fees would ask us BEFORE they pay and file.  We could help, but once you file, you are stuck.   There are ways to file for free--if only you ask first.  (And I am close to your age so I am not scolding an old person...)

Cost to file

I kind of knew this.  But I'm going through a great deal of anxiety, self-isolating myself at home and trying to keep things on an even keel.   I have no siblings or children and am relying on some neighbors to bring me groceries.   I made a list of things that should be done around the house that would keep my mind off things.  (Laundry, vacuuming, filing papers, cleaning the fridge).  Finishing the tax was one of them.  

So I was very proud of myself to have gotten it done.  I know I was careless, but I'm still getting a bit of money back.  And thanks to a reverse mortgage, money is no longer a big concern.

Cost to file

Stay safe and well.  Glad your tax return came out in your favor.  Next year--ask us for ways to file for free.  Glad you have helpful neighbors!