Possible reasons include:
- (December or January) It's still too early
- The employer's EIN (Employer Identification Number) is missing
- The Control Number (W-2, box D) is missing
- The box 1 amount is missing (try substituting the YTD or Year To Date gross federal wages amount from your final 2022 pay stub)
- Your employer's payroll service isn't a TurboTax Import Partner
- (April or later) Payroll has shut down W-2 import for the year
If you can't import, we'll prompt you to enter your W-2 manually.