TurboTax HelpTurboTax HelpIntuit

How do I add another form (like a W-2) or add/change/update something after I already filed?

SOLVEDby TurboTax1509Updated January 18, 2022

If you got another form like a W-2 after filing or you forgot to add something you can still fix your return.

You'll want to determine if the IRS or state has accepted the information you already filed. If the IRS or state has accepted it, you'll see Accepted as the status of your return when you sign in to TurboTax (in Tax Home) or when you open the CD/Download Turbotax software. If they have accepted your return, then you may need to amend your tax return.

If your return was rejected, you can add the missing form or information, correct the reason for rejection and resubmit.

If you forgot to add something like dependent information, a deduction you qualify for, or even used the wrong filing status it can have a significant impact to your tax bottom line (your refund or amount due).  Some info doesn't make a difference monetarily, but can still be something the IRS or state needs corrected. Your best bet is to correct (amend) the information and send it back to the IRS or state.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
TurboTax Desktop BasicTurboTax Desktop BusinessTurboTax Desktop DeluxeTurboTax Desktop Home and BusinessTurboTax Desktop PremierTurboTax Live BasicTurboTax Live DeluxeTurboTax Live Full Service BasicTurboTax Live Full Service Complex IncomeTurboTax Live Full Service Complex Self-EmployedTurboTax Live Full Service DeluxeTurboTax Live Full Service PremierTurboTax Live Full Service Self-employedTurboTax Live PremierTurboTax Live Self-employedTurboTax Mobile Apps DeluxeTurboTax Mobile Apps FreeTurboTax Mobile Apps PremierTurboTax Mobile Apps Self-employedTurboTax Online DeluxeTurboTax Online FreeTurboTax Online PremierTurboTax Online Self-employed
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads