Important: If your 1099-G shows an amount in box 1, go here for alternate instructions, as the steps below won't work.
Otherwise, if your 1099-G has amounts in box 2, follow these instructions:
- With your return open in TurboTax, select Income & Expenses to open the Income and expenses summary screen.
- Scroll down to Other Common Income and select Show more.
- Then select Start next to Refunds Received for State/Local Tax Returns. This will take you to Did you get a state or local tax refund? screen, answer Yes.
- On the following screen, enter the info from your 1099-G and Continue.
- If you have any other refund forms to enter, you can select + Add Another State or Local Tax Refund on the State and Local Tax Refund Summary screen. If not, select Done and answer a few more questions about your refund.
Select the following for more in-depth instructions on entering your 1099-G information: