How do I import QuickBooks data into TurboTax Basic, Deluxe, Premier, or Home & Business?
The TurboTax for Windows CD/Download software can import corresponding year data directly from the QuickBooks 2017-2011 desktop software.
Neither TurboTax Online nor TurboTax for the Mac support QuickBooks import.
To import QuickBooks data into TurboTax Business, see this article instead.
- Make sure QuickBooks 2017-2011 is installed on the same computer as TurboTax.
- The software must be installed; TurboTax will not import from QuickBooks Online.
- The QuickBooks data file should be on your local drive (not networked).
- Enter the tax year's financial information in QuickBooks before you import.
- Assign tax lines to your accounts. More help.
- During the import, make sure QuickBooks is running and that your QuickBooks file remains open.
- Open your return in TurboTax.
- From the TurboTax File menu, select Import > From Accounting Software.
- If you're importing from both Quicken and QuickBooks, import from QuickBooks first.
- Select QuickBooks (2017-2011), click Continue, and then follow the onscreen instructions.