Transferring from 2019 un-filed return to 2020

Hi TurboTax,

This year (2019), after I did my tax return on TurboTax, I had a CPA to review and do my return as well. The CPA will e-file my return, so I don't need to file my return through TurboTax.

My question is: since I won't file my return through TurboTax this year (2019). When I file my return for 2020 next year, could TurboTax 2020 transfer or import un-filed 2019 TurboTax data so that I can continue use TurboTax in 2020 and future by myself?

I just want to make sure I can use TurboTax by myself next year if my tax situation is simple enough.

Thanks

No.  If you filed with a professional you cannot import into next year.

Thanks for quick response. 

So you mean even I have "TurboTax 2019 Tax Return" file in my computer, since 2019 tax is not filed through TurboTax, when I purchase TurboTax 2020 next year, the TurboTax 2020 can't import the "TurboTax 2019 Tax Return" file?

I think e-file through TurboxTax is optional, everybody can use TurboTax for tax preparation, but not necessary filing tax through TurboTax.

You can transfer an unfinished or not filed return into next year. Does your Turbo Tax return match what was actually filed?  Maybe you can fix it up so it matches.  Well at least if you transfer your return it will have your basic info, etc.  and there might not be anything you need to change.  

Yes. I will fix it up to make sure my TurboTax matches what actually is filed by CPA. 

I believe all the data should be transferred, but I am not 100%. Therefore, I am asking here to see if someone here or TurboTax support knows.

Are you using the Desktop installed program or the online browser version you log into?  Sounds to me like the Desktop program.  Next year when you transfer into a new 2020 return if you don't like the results you can start a new return without transferring.  Same for online.  You can clear and start over and not transfer.  

Or and in case you are wondering you can transfer from the Desktop program to the online version.  Or the other way around.

Go ahead and transfer.  Then see how it goes next year.  

Yes, I use the desktop installed program on Mac (2019). I want to transfer from 2020 desktop installed program. I would want to transfer instead of start-over.

Thanks

from the Online program you must download the file to your computer before Oct 15

From the CD/Download program it is already on your computer; don't delete it.

You will be importing your tax file, not your accountant's.

Here's how to transfer into the Mac Desktop program.  You will need to have the .tax2019 file on your computer.  Obviously this is from 2018 to 2019 so next year it will be 2019 to 2020.  

How to Transfer to the Mac Desktop program,
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-data-file/help/how-do-i-transfer-last-year-s-return-into-the-t...