Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Jan 20, 2020 12:19:12 PM

Im almost done but when at the end when sending email confirm number says dknt leave page but when i go to open email

It leaves page so when go back to turbo says invalid number

0 6 629
6 Replies
Level 15
Jan 20, 2020 12:43:36 PM

IF you don't know how to open a second tab, before opening your email.

Then shut down your tax return, and open it on a separate computer and file it there...and use your current device for your email.

Expert Alumni
Jan 20, 2020 12:48:26 PM

When you receive the email with the confirmation number please open another tab, or window, in your browser. 

If you look at the top of your screen you will see a + sign which will open a new window. 

Use this new window to access your email account for the code.  Do not close out of the window that you have open with Turbo Tax.

Jan 28, 2020 4:33:26 PM

Can you send it to my phone  umber

Intuit Alumni
Jan 29, 2020 8:27:45 AM

No, we are required by the IRS to verify your email before you e-file. Please see this TurboTax FAQ for more information:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/security/help/what-if-i-m-having-trouble-with-my-filing-verification-code/00/26499

Level 1
Jan 29, 2020 8:35:02 AM

Trying to get the code to verfie my email that's it's me can you send me the code please

Level 15
Jan 29, 2020 8:44:08 AM

@Rachaelmorgan 

No...WE cannot...if you need to change your email address, use the links that are posted above on how to change it so that you get them...

@JeanneLO  included a great FAQ link...use it..and try again.