Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
Level 2
posted Mar 23, 2023 9:24:06 AM

I received email from TT for 20% discount and asks me to just click on the link to add the discount but I don't see any discounts applied

I received multiple emails from TT for 20% discount which tell me to just click on the link to add the discount but I don't see any discounts applied when I go to the final checkout page. 

The email clearly says applicable to "Premier" and filed before April 18 deadline which is what I'm trying to do. How to get this discount? There's no discount code in the email.

And yes, it's legit email from Turbotax.

4 9 1715
9 Replies
Level 2
Mar 23, 2023 9:45:34 AM

It worked after I tried clicking on various different links in the multiple emails, one of them finally worked and showed the discount. But strange that not all links work as it says...
So members beware, don't assume you are getting the 20% discount unless you actually see it on the final pricing page.

Level 3
Mar 25, 2023 1:47:51 PM

Lucky you! When I saw no mention of the 20% discount after I responded to that email, I presumed that it would be entered at the very last minute when I paid for my product. No such luck! So I was charged full price. Now I'm in touch with Customer Service, but they say they can't do anything. This isn't fair!

Level 1
Mar 28, 2023 6:47:04 AM

I'm having the same issue. TurboTax keeps sending me emails for 20% off but discount it never gets applied at checkout. Haven't figured out a solution yet. Why doesn't TT have a chat feature? Looks like I might have to call. :(  ugggh

Intuit Alumni
Mar 28, 2023 10:06:22 AM

For further assistance, please contact support. 
This FAQ will provide you with the steps to contact an agent
Customer support is available from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. Pacific time daily.

Mar 18, 2024 12:10:20 PM

The same thing happened to me. I spent over an hour on chat trying to get it resolved and they wouldn’t help. Paid $209 instead of the advertised $168. Will be changing companies next year. 

Apr 4, 2024 6:55:46 PM

Intuit just sucks...

Apr 12, 2024 11:38:08 AM

I am in the same boat! No discount! I tried every single link! And there is no customer service to get a hold of someone! 

Expert Alumni
Apr 12, 2024 11:39:10 AM

Please call TurboTax Customer service.  Here is a link:  Turbo Tax Customer Service 

Apr 13, 2024 12:45:19 PM

Same! The app would say discount applied, but nothing showed at checkout. My opinion of TT has been souring the past few years, and the fact that are not doing anything to resolve the issue does not help their case.