Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
Level 3
posted Feb 7, 2022 11:57:38 AM

I am getting an error importing my 1099's from T Rowe Price

I have been getting this error ever since I started to try and import my 1099s into TT 2021/Mac, about a week or so ago. I have imported 1099s successfully from other FIs. I know the 1099s exist as I got a paper copy in the mail. It doesn't advise a course of action, what can be done?

0 13 885
13 Replies
Expert Alumni
Feb 7, 2022 12:11:23 PM

You can type the 1099-INT manually instead of importing if it is giving you an error on that particular form.

Please see the below image for reference. I have highlighted the option which you can select and try.

Level 3
Feb 7, 2022 12:13:46 PM

Thanks, but I have 16 1099s coming from them, and it doesn't say which is (or are) the problem - it's just that one generic error. Given I have TT I would highly prefer the problem be fixed and not resort to error-prone manual data entry!

Expert Alumni
Feb 7, 2022 1:15:01 PM

As you can see, the response is from T. Rowe Price.  The problem is on their end - it is not a TurboTax issue.  I recommend you give it a few days and try again.  If the problem persists, contact T. Rowe Price.

Level 3
Feb 9, 2022 7:57:00 AM

So after two days with T Rowe Price tech support, they said I need to contact Turbo Tax. They didn’t see anything on their end that would keep the accounts from connecting.

Level 3
Feb 10, 2022 3:30:50 AM

The problem appears to be, if I believe what I am being told, that I have some accounts on 1099s where the account balances are $0 yet there are reported 1099s. Several funds were closed out during the year, and others were converted to a different fund in a non-tax conversion by T Rowe Price, also with dividends/cap gains during the year but now with balances of $0. Apparently last year Turbo Tax no longer supports funds with a balance of $0 or something, which if true is totally ludicrous due to use cases like mine and others. But it is what it is I guess. 

Level 2
Mar 20, 2022 1:17:27 PM

Don I 100% agree with you. I got the same responses from TRP and Turbotax, i.e. each blaming the other.

I finally caved and entered 15 accounts manually!!!

T Rowe Price recommends using Turbo Tax to import data, and I think they really should work withTurboTax to solve this problem.

Level 2
Mar 20, 2022 1:20:51 PM

Aamil,

This is simply and unacceptable response. If you are a TurboTax expert you should bring this issue up, since this has been an ongoing issue. Thanks.

Level 2
Feb 22, 2023 4:13:03 PM

Yep, they told me the same thing. Contact TurboTax. I only able to import one 1099, TT refused to import the others.

Level 2
Feb 22, 2023 4:13:45 PM

That's what they also  told me.

Level 2
Feb 22, 2023 4:20:17 PM

How do we notify TT that there's a T.RowePrice import issue??? Are they monitoring this forum? Obviously, there are users having this problem. Yes, data can be entered manually, but that's not the point. Some of use have a ton of 1099s to enter with the opportunity to transpose numbers, etc.

Intuit Alumni
Feb 23, 2023 1:55:04 PM

Thank you for sharing your issue with us. Have you tried a different browser like Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome? Many people have stated using Edge and removing the pop-up blockers has helped. Please let us know if you are successful using a different browser.

You may need to contact customer service directly for assistance. Please see the following information here for more details.

@Patzee 

Level 2
Feb 23, 2023 2:56:59 PM

Thanks, but I'm not using the online version -- so, I'm not using any browser. I'm using TT to import the information. No idea how the online version works.

Intuit Alumni
Feb 24, 2023 8:31:58 AM

You may want to try clearing your browser's cache and delete cookies. A full or corrupted cache can keep TurboTax from functioning properly when trying to connect to your web browser to import your documents. 

@Patzee