Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Apr 10, 2024 10:15:57 AM

I am at the final step and trying to e-file my tax return, but I cannot verify my phone number since I am abroad. How can I proceed without the verification?

0 5 1477
5 Replies
Level 15
Apr 10, 2024 10:24:03 AM

Add a US phone number for the Turbo Tax profile.  You need to click Intuit Account in the lower left of the Turbo Tax page and enter a U. S. phone number and then your password and save it.  I don't even think it needs to be a valid phone number because when you go to file the return, it gives you an option to get email updates and/or text messages.  Just make up a U. S. number if needed and don't check the box saying you want text messages and you should be able to get the taxes filed.  

Apr 10, 2024 10:36:26 AM

I already entered my US phone number, but they won't let me file the return unless I have my phone number verified. I can't receive any text or call at the moment, so there is no way to have my number verified. 

Expert Alumni
Apr 10, 2024 12:37:46 PM
Apr 15, 2024 5:20:31 PM

Your FAQs do not answer the question.  I have the same problem. 

I'm ready to click efile, but TurboTax online will not let me without a phone number.  IRS instructions say a phone number is not required.  So let me efile or give me a refund!

Expert Alumni
Apr 16, 2024 5:57:09 AM