artg

Do not carry forward a w2 to next year

I correctly got a 2017 W-2 and have entered it in TT online.  I know I will NOT be getting a 2018 W-2 from this employer (as I retired.)  Is there a simple way to tell Turbotax NOT to carry forward the W-2 information to next years 2018 return when I'm working on my return a year from now?

BMcCalpin

Do not carry forward a w2 to next year

You will delete the W-2 next year. That is, after you start your return and the W-2 from the previous tax year is carried over to the current tax year, go to Federal->Wages & Income->Jobs(W-2) or do a Search for w-2 and click on the jump-to link, and delete the out-of-date W-2 (click on the garbage can icon).

The wording may not be exactly the same on next year's software, but you've got the idea.

[Edited 3/11/2020 4:31 pm CDT - made year neutral]

BMcCalpin

Do not carry forward a w2 to next year