Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
Level 1
posted Jun 6, 2019 12:37:47 PM

Are other's get the Federal Review asking for Mortgage Interest lender. I never entered I had a morgage--which I don't.

0 1 293
1 Best answer
Jun 6, 2019 12:37:48 PM

You will have to delete any Home Mortgage Interest Worksheets or Form 1098:Mortgage Interest Statements that have gotten in your tax file, whatever the reason.

(I have seen this problem in some other posts. Some are there because the customer paid off a mortgage, but the form or worksheet has been carried over from earlier years. For others, it is hard to say how the mortgage interest question got started.

See: How do I delete forms in TurboTax Online?

After deleting these worksheets and forms, log out of the program. When you log back in, use the Delete a Form tool (List of Forms in My Return) to confirm they have been removed from your return. 

1 Replies
Jun 6, 2019 12:37:48 PM

You will have to delete any Home Mortgage Interest Worksheets or Form 1098:Mortgage Interest Statements that have gotten in your tax file, whatever the reason.

(I have seen this problem in some other posts. Some are there because the customer paid off a mortgage, but the form or worksheet has been carried over from earlier years. For others, it is hard to say how the mortgage interest question got started.

See: How do I delete forms in TurboTax Online?

After deleting these worksheets and forms, log out of the program. When you log back in, use the Delete a Form tool (List of Forms in My Return) to confirm they have been removed from your return.