turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Are other's get the Federal Review asking for Mortgage Interest lender. I never entered I had a morgage--which I don't.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ToddL

Are other's get the Federal Review asking for Mortgage Interest lender. I never entered I had a morgage--which I don't.

You will have to delete any Home Mortgage Interest Worksheets or Form 1098:Mortgage Interest Statements that have gotten in your tax file, whatever the reason.

(I have seen this problem in some other posts. Some are there because the customer paid off a mortgage, but the form or worksheet has been carried over from earlier years. For others, it is hard to say how the mortgage interest question got started.

See: How do I delete forms in TurboTax Online?

After deleting these worksheets and forms, log out of the program. When you log back in, use the Delete a Form tool (List of Forms in My Return) to confirm they have been removed from your return. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ToddL

You will have to delete any Home Mortgage Interest Worksheets or Form 1098:Mortgage Interest Statements that have gotten in your tax file, whatever the reason.

(I have seen this problem in some other posts. Some are there because the customer paid off a mortgage, but the form or worksheet has been carried over from earlier years. For others, it is hard to say how the mortgage interest question got started.

See: How do I delete forms in TurboTax Online?

After deleting these worksheets and forms, log out of the program. When you log back in, use the Delete a Form tool (List of Forms in My Return) to confirm they have been removed from your return. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies