Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
Level 1
posted Apr 6, 2020 7:53:55 AM

Is there any other option to change the Return Status from Printed to E-file because I can't find the "add a state" on my TurboTax Online?

0 5 431
1 Best answer
Level 15
May 18, 2020 4:46:32 AM

@jackson142644 

There is no "Add a State" on yours, because you are looking at your 2018 taxes....and the e-file for that was turned off in Oct-Nov of 2019......so all you can do is print out your forms and mail them in since e-filing can only be done for 2019 taxes now. 

IF you were at the same point in your 2019 Online tax file right now, then the "Add a state" would show up ...but only for that 2019 file.

The example shown by the first response (from @DoninGA  ), is from last year when it was active.....and is only an example of where to find it when looking at the current tax year's forms....(We don't  have perfectly exact pictures for every situation)

5 Replies
Level 15
Apr 6, 2020 7:56:29 AM

Level 1
May 17, 2020 11:41:36 PM

Hi, thanks for your reply but I didn't manage to get the "add a state" still (as shown on below).

Level 15
May 18, 2020 4:46:32 AM

@jackson142644 

There is no "Add a State" on yours, because you are looking at your 2018 taxes....and the e-file for that was turned off in Oct-Nov of 2019......so all you can do is print out your forms and mail them in since e-filing can only be done for 2019 taxes now. 

IF you were at the same point in your 2019 Online tax file right now, then the "Add a state" would show up ...but only for that 2019 file.

The example shown by the first response (from @DoninGA  ), is from last year when it was active.....and is only an example of where to find it when looking at the current tax year's forms....(We don't  have perfectly exact pictures for every situation)

Level 1
May 27, 2020 10:06:49 PM

May I know where should I mail all the forms and documents to? Any specific location or address?

Thank you. 

Level 15
May 28, 2020 3:56:00 AM

OF course,

,,,Federal forms go to the IRS based on where you live.....according to the tables here:

https://www.irs.gov/filing/where-to-file-paper-tax-returns-with-or-without-a-payment

.........… the State forms go to your state tax department , so you'll have to find your state's tax website and dig thru their information to see where they want them sent.