Reject code IND-147 means the IRS database indicates an installment payment is due for the First Time Homebuyer Installment Payment. This payment amount should be included on your return.
To add this payment to your tax return:
- Sign into your TurboTax account.
- Search for homebuyer credit in the search bar.
- Select the Jump to link in the search results.
- Then, answer Yes, enter the date your home was purchased, and follow the on-screen instructions.We'll calculate the tax for you.
- Then, resubmit your e-file return.
If you believe you do not owe the tax, the IRS has a direct online lookup tool to view the First Time Homebuyer Information. Use the tool to check your status and make appropriate changes. After you've made the changes, re-ubmit your return electronically.
Note: If the reject continues, you'll be unable to electronically file and will need to print and mail this return.