• Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Apr 10, 2020 6:38:35 AM

Where on turbo can i file my ammendment

0 5 831
5 Replies
Intuit Alumni
Apr 10, 2020 3:45:50 PM

If you need to make changes to a return that was already filed and accepted, you will need to amend your return. Please click here for instructions. 

Apr 11, 2020 4:40:58 AM

Can I file my 2018 amendment even if I didn't file 2018 at all

Expert Alumni
Apr 11, 2020 11:22:32 AM

No, if your 2018 return was never filed, you cannot file an amended 2018 return.  Amended returns are used to make changes to an original return.  

If you need to file your 2018 return because it has not been filed at all, see the following article for instructions to do so using TurboTax:  How do I prepare a prior year tax return?

@ej03382

Apr 17, 2020 10:38:40 AM

Hi I'm TurboTax costumer for the past 3 years I use my tax ID # and I have two American born children with a real SSN do they get their 500 each I know I don't get the 1200 for myself because the itin # if I don't get it I can ask their mom she doesn't live with us but she's American and their mom can get it done even if she didn't file my two children I'm the past three years

Returning Member
Apr 21, 2020 3:01:12 PM

I am going through a divorce and me and my daughter that I have custody of now, we filed jointly last year to my ex wife's bank account, I need to know how to change my bank account information to my new bank account for direct deposit to go to my account for me and my daughter's stimulus money, my ex wife is on drugs now so that's why I divorced her and she isn't going to give us our money, she is going to spend it,I need help and I can give you my attorney's info to verify anything, please help