I filed my taxes using TurboTax and they were accepted by the IRS on April 1, but I still haven’t gotten my federal refund. It’s been about 50 days and it sucks. Should I call them?
I filed electronically and direct deposit is the method of payment I chose to receive my refund.
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://shop.turbotax.intuit.com/efile/efile_status_lookup.jsp">https://shop.turbotax.intuit.com/efi...>
If that showed it was accepted, what do you see at the IRS website below for the status of your Federal refund?
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/Refunds">https://www.irs.gov/Refunds</a>
If that IRS tool shows that the refund has been sent, but you didn't receive it, report back for more info.
If the IRS tool says it is still "being processed", we can tell you how to speak to a live agent at the IRS to see if they can tell you anything about the delay.
To track a state refund:
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund">https://ttlc.intuit.com/qu...>
Here's how to speak to a live agent at the IRS:
IRS: 800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Mon-Fri
Listen to each menu before making the selection.
First choose your language. Press 1 for English.
- Then do NOT choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
- Instead, press 2 for "personal income tax".
- Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
- Then press 3 "for all other questions."
- Then press 2 "for all other questions." It should then transfer you to an agent, but there is likely to be a long wait.