TurboTax doesn't support Form W-7, so there are a few steps you'll have to take to file your return.
You'll need to use TurboTax CD/Download. If you've already begun your return in TurboTax Online, go here to transfer your tax data.
- Download Form W-7 directly from the IRS, fill it in, and print it out
- See the IRS instructions
- Complete your return as you normally would in TurboTax CD/Download, but leave the applicant's Social Security number blank
- When your return is finished and you get to the File section, ,you'll see a pop-up error message about having no social security number. Select OK.
- Choose to print and mail your return (you can't e-file without a Social Security number)
- Mail your return, W-7, and supporting documents to:
Internal Revenue Service
Austin Service Center, ITIN Operations
PO Box 149342
Austin, TX 78714-9342
Instead of mailing, you can also bring your printed, signed return (along with any attachments per the filing instructions, such as W-2s or 1099s), the completed W-7, proof of identity, and foreign status documents to an acceptance agent or an IRS Taxpayer Assistance Center.