You can import your W-2 into the TurboTax mobile app by taking a picture of it. Here’s how:
- Open the app and select Wages & Income. Tap the button.
- Select Job (W-2) and select Continue on the Let's start with some info from this W-2 screen.
- When you see the How do you want to enter your W-2? screen, tap Snap a photo and then Continue.
- If asked, give permission to TurboTax to access your camera.
- Helpful tips might appear before you see the option to select Now let's snap a photo.
- Note: Although TurboTax will use your device's camera, the W-2 picture won't be saved with your other device pictures, nor in your TurboTax account.
- TurboTax should then automatically import your information, or direct you to type it in if there’s a problem.
Go here to see how to take a picture of your 1099-MISC in the mobile app.